söndag 2 mars 2014

Mini-Reviews x 2: Fear, The Shining Girls

Fear by Michael Grant

English, 549 pages, Gone #5. Read in November 2013.

Mini-Review in English:

This series is really growing on me. At first it was just ok, but now I loove it!

I could not stop reading, I took every opportunity I could to read it. This was one of the best in the series and now I just can't wait to read "Light", the last book in the series. So excited about the ending!

The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes

English, 389 pages. Read in November 2013

Mini-Review in English:

This was not at all what I expected. I thought it would just be a regular crime novel, but then there was this supernatural kind of stuff like time travel in it.

Which at first got me sooo confused because I could not understand how a person born in like 1910-1915 could murder people. I had to re-read several times before I understood. I should probably have read the summary/blurb more carefully...

I must start reading more "grown up" English literature because this was actually a bit hard for me to read. I'm so used to reading YA novels that I forgot that I'm not that good in English yet. But I want to be, so I need to read more non-YA books. Any tips?

Anyway, It was a good read but a bit weird and I didn't really like the ending. A bit inconclusive.


Have you read any of these books, what did you think?

6 kommentarer :

  1. Jag är lite nyfiken på Gone-serien men så är det ju det här med att man har hundra serier man vill börja läsa och kanske eventuellt borde.. uh!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Åh läs den! men jo det är ju det eviga problemet >.<

      Radera
  2. Har läst The Shining Girls, men gillade den inte speciellt mycket. Hade svårt för karaktärerna, även om jag tyckte historien som sådan var okej.

    SvaraRadera
  3. I've had trouble getting into Michael Grant's Gone series but I feel like I SHOULD like it so I keep trying. One of these days it's just going to click with me and I will!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I didn't really like the first book that much, but it gets better it think!

      Radera

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...